Fitness and Wellness Center – Catherine Street, Kalamazoo, MI
In 2015, Kalamazoo College launched a project to demolish an 8,100 square foot building at the former Markin Tennis Center and construct a new two-story, 33,000 square foot fitness and wellness center. The new center upgraded locker rooms for Kalamazoo College’s tennis teams and public use. The construction also added new weight and cardio rooms, racquetball courts, multi-purpose fitness rooms, offices, and a health center. Kalleward Group took part in the extensive project by providing general trades, including demolition; rough and finish carpentry; doors, frames, and hardware; and specialties.
Light Fine Arts Building Addition Renovation – Academy Street, Kalamazoo, MI
Kalleward Group served as construction manager for the renovation of Kalamazoo College’s Light Fine Arts Building, home to the school’s Theatre Department and host to many Kalamazoo-area art programs. The project began with extensive demolition of the existing structure, allowing the building to be re-configured to include new music practice rooms, photography studios, common space, academic offices, and performance areas. Additionally, the Connable Recital Hall, Dalton Theatre, Dungeon Theatre, Scene Shop, Design and Lighting Classroom, and Tully Memorial Studio were all remodeled. These improvements included retrofitting the building’s mechanical and electrical systems; upgrading to new state-of-the-art lighting and acoustics; modifying performance sets; replacing communication and fire protection systems; and re-developing storm systems, gas service, and parking spaces. Kalleward Group worked around the college’s schedule to minimize disruptions to campus life and ongoing Theatre Department classes and performances.
- Kalamazoo College – Trowbridge Hall
- Project scope included remodel of building for aesthetic finishes. Little dining
- Kalamazoo College – Dewing Hall renovation
- Kalamazoo College negotiated an agreement with Kalleward Group to renovate Dewing Hall while the College continued to occupy the building. As a result of our ability to prepare accurate schedules, the project was completed exactly as planned with no disruption to ongoing programs. Late 80s
- Kalamazoo College – Stetson Chapel
- Kalamazoo College – Welles Hall remodel